Ok I’m gonna toot my own horn here a bit.
I have just successfully completed my first year of consistent blogging. TOOT TOOT!! And boy did I learn a lot about business blogging and how to start a community. I also learned a lot about myself as a business owner and business coach.
In addition to blogging for the past 12 months, I’ve moved 3 times, spent countless hours working with brand new entrepreneurs, learned the art of video and started my very own monthly newsletter. Oh and I’ve been busy guest-posting on other blogs and business sites.
- We’ve had tremendous success with our class, Business Planning for the Average Human. And helped dozens of entrepreneurs complete their business plans and move towards opening successful businesses all over the world!! (Man I love doing business online!)
- We completed writing, filming, producing and starring in over 40 videos as part of our very first web class.
- I even wrote about 4 business plans myself this year alone.
Blogging and Online Marketing
- I wrote 1 post per week for 52 weeks! Umm that’s 52 posts in case you are counting…and even a few extras just for good measure.
- My writing/ business tips were featured on Red Founder, Business News Daily, Gigaom, and Teen Business Forum.
- Grew my newsletter to over 500 people in 12 months.
- Used social media and advertising to get my best month ever – 1,800 uniques visitors to our site! Pretty great stuff, since we started from scratch.
Live Events and Coaching
- I organized and led a 1-day business planning workshop with over 30 people with co-founder, Mike Frank. So fun!
- I started coaching clients that want help with business planning and taking steps toward being a business owner.
- I also started coaching clients on social media, web presence and marketing.
- We started off the year in Northern California, met some great people and got to present at the local business mixers.
- Then headed to Amsterdam, Netherlands to see what working in Europe is like. (Hint, it’s great but the taxes are not) All while working with clients on skype and making money doing what we love.